We are excited (moreso than you, probably) to announce our first-ever SINGAPORE FASHION BLOGGERS’ FLEA! A few of us fashion bloggers have decided to collectively put in our efforts towards this initiative, so please come down to support us or just to say hi! If you like the clothes featured on any of the above blogs, this is your chance to drop by to buy used (and unused!) clothes at a grand discount. We are only a 3 minutes walk away from Lorong Chuan MRT Station. Instructions are as below ↓
Please RSVP at our Facebook event or drop us a word here or over at Twitter (@monoxious) if you are interested in coming or have any questions!! We will also be showing sneak peeks of what we have for sale over the next few days, so keep an eye out on our Instagram.
Hope to see you around! x
A new month brings new junk. A trip to Japan has resulted in an exponential growth of handy items in my bag: I love how they make miniature version of things usually too big to carry around in your purse! Roughly from Clockwise:
- Balenciaga City in Coquelicot. Deceptively larger than it seems and I always seem to end up carrying more than what is strictly comfortable.
- Coach pill case. A gift from Arissa! I use it to carry my supplements around.
- Foldable umbrella. Necessity in both London and Singapore.
- Cape (ケープ) hairspray. It’s really my favourite as it helps my hair keep its shape without feeling crunchy or having a funky scent. This is a miniature can for touching up throughout the day.
- Agnès B. wallet. I’m looking to buy a new wallet, but can’t decide on one yet!
- L’Occitaine pouch containing lipsticks, lipgloss, eyelash glue, eyedrops, solid perfume, foundation, and moisturizer.
- Oyster card and card case.
- ASOS cat eye sunglasses. This is actually my second pair – I somehow lost the original whilst moving. I seem to be really good at losing sunglasses.
- Swarovwski pen.
- L’Occitaine EdT.
- Sala hair perfume. Yet another miniature bottle! Perfect for when you walk past a bunch of smokers or came out of a greasy restaurant.
Barring mobile phone and your wallet, what is the one thing you can never leave without? I got to have a lipstick in my bag at all times.
Instagram is really like the fast food of travel photography. It is convenient, quick, and satisfying. It is by no means an adequate replacement for photos of course, but the little bites are easy to handle when you are on the go, not unlike a convenience store onigiri.
I got my iPhone literally hours before I was scheduled to leave for Japan – I think this haste is partially attributed to the beautiful photos Arissa took with hers whilst in Italy . And let’s be honest – after being a BB user for over 2 years, I was ready to trash that brick.
Spent a week travelling around Hokkaido, Japan. While I love the tranquility of mountains and vast fields of the countryside, I found myself wishing for some of the big city bustle after a couple of days. Sapporo was a welcomed break with its busy nightlife and shopping!
P.S. Remember to follow us on Instagram for nibblets!
Sorry for the lack of updates recently! Although I got back to Singapore a while ago, it has been a flurry of activities with me leaving for Japan shortly afterwards. And Diablo III possibly has something to do with the lack of productivity as well. Anyway, here are a few pictures Arissa took of me when we went for tea at Full House Cafe in Rendezvous Hotel!
I’ve allowed my hair to grow out whilst in London – I would have loved to keep it at this length, but unfortunately it became too dry and brittle and I had to trim off a good 4″ of it. This is why we can’t have nice things.
I’ve found that my solution to keeping cool this summer is sleeveless chiffon tops. Along with copious amounts of air conditioning.
- Top: Miss Selfridge
- Skirt: All Saints
- Socks: H&M
- Platform wedges: Topshop ‘Lenny’
- Bag: Mulberry
Just a few snippets from our Instagram to show you what we have been up to… Now that I am finally back in Singapore, things should swing back in gear pretty soon once I figure out how to dress for the weather!! First four pictures are Arissa’s (@minicloud on instagram), and the last 4 are mine (@propatriamori).
Stay cool this summer and check back on the blog soon x.