I really wish I lived in one of these charming colonial-era buildings. But as it is, I satisfy myself with shamelessly camwhoring in front of strangers’ properties.
I bought this American Apparel double-U dress almost a year ago during a massive warehouse sale in London. It really makes for a sexy yet elegant silhouette. I’m really glad they have started shipping to Singapore! Despite my endless complaints about the steep prices, I really find that my most-worn basics are from American Apparel. Their interlock pencil skirt is a perennial favourite.
I left so many of my shoes back home when I moved to London, that I have completely forgotten about the existence of this pair of wedges until a recent closet cleanout. Discovering clothes you have forgotten about is nearly as satisfying as buying new ones.
- Double-U dress: American Apparel
- Skirt: All Saints
- Socks: Tutuanna, Japan
- Shoes: Siren
- Headband: Onespo / taobao.
That awkward moment when you realised all your poses are the same.
Finally took some of the items I ordered off Peeka outside for a spin! I originally planned to wear a flared skirt with this coordinate, but realised that the combination is probably a little too reminiscent of a schoolgirl’s outfit especially when paired with the simone rocha inspired oxfords.
Celine inspired bag off Taobao. I’m really keen to get my hands on the original, but this particular colourway never seems to be in stock in London This will suffice for time being!
- Shirt: The Scarlet Room
- Skirt: H&M
- Bag: Taobao via Peeka.sg
- Accessories: Miu Miu, Alexander McQueen, H&M.
- Wedges: Taobao
P.S. A few of you have been asking us which taobao shop we ordered the simone rocha inspired shoes off of, but we are hesitant to recommend one as the quality of mine isn’t exactly up to par. The shoes have obviously been dyed over red leather and it shows up with the slightest scuff. We really don’t want any of our readers to end up purchasing such items, so we are refraining from linking to any of the sellers until we can be assured of the quality. In any case, I would also like to recommend purchasing shipping insurance – if your item comes damaged or broken, Peeka’s customer service is really amazing at dealing with such matters and resolving the issue with the sellers!
We are excited (moreso than you, probably) to announce our first-ever SINGAPORE FASHION BLOGGERS’ FLEA! A few of us fashion bloggers have decided to collectively put in our efforts towards this initiative, so please come down to support us or just to say hi! If you like the clothes featured on any of the above blogs, this is your chance to drop by to buy used (and unused!) clothes at a grand discount. We are only a 3 minutes walk away from Lorong Chuan MRT Station. Instructions are as below ↓
Please RSVP at our Facebook event or drop us a word here or over at Twitter (@monoxious) if you are interested in coming or have any questions!! We will also be showing sneak peeks of what we have for sale over the next few days, so keep an eye out on our Instagram.
Hope to see you around! x
A new month brings new junk. A trip to Japan has resulted in an exponential growth of handy items in my bag: I love how they make miniature version of things usually too big to carry around in your purse! Roughly from Clockwise:
- Balenciaga City in Coquelicot. Deceptively larger than it seems and I always seem to end up carrying more than what is strictly comfortable.
- Coach pill case. A gift from Arissa! I use it to carry my supplements around.
- Foldable umbrella. Necessity in both London and Singapore.
- Cape (ケープ) hairspray. It’s really my favourite as it helps my hair keep its shape without feeling crunchy or having a funky scent. This is a miniature can for touching up throughout the day.
- Agnès B. wallet. I’m looking to buy a new wallet, but can’t decide on one yet!
- L’Occitaine pouch containing lipsticks, lipgloss, eyelash glue, eyedrops, solid perfume, foundation, and moisturizer.
- Oyster card and card case.
- ASOS cat eye sunglasses. This is actually my second pair – I somehow lost the original whilst moving. I seem to be really good at losing sunglasses.
- Swarovwski pen.
- L’Occitaine EdT.
- Sala hair perfume. Yet another miniature bottle! Perfect for when you walk past a bunch of smokers or came out of a greasy restaurant.
Barring mobile phone and your wallet, what is the one thing you can never leave without? I got to have a lipstick in my bag at all times.
Instagram is really like the fast food of travel photography. It is convenient, quick, and satisfying. It is by no means an adequate replacement for photos of course, but the little bites are easy to handle when you are on the go, not unlike a convenience store onigiri.
I got my iPhone literally hours before I was scheduled to leave for Japan – I think this haste is partially attributed to the beautiful photos Arissa took with hers whilst in Italy . And let’s be honest – after being a BB user for over 2 years, I was ready to trash that brick.
Spent a week travelling around Hokkaido, Japan. While I love the tranquility of mountains and vast fields of the countryside, I found myself wishing for some of the big city bustle after a couple of days. Sapporo was a welcomed break with its busy nightlife and shopping!
P.S. Remember to follow us on Instagram for nibblets!