I am finally back from Germany! Though I miss the beautiful places and the weather, I do not miss freezing my butt off. I should really visit during summer next time.
I am usually not a fan of cropped jackets, but this was on sale for £6 and I am a cheap bastard.
Black Outfit Breakdown:
- Beanie: Forever 21
- Jacket: Zara
- One-piece: H&M
- Tights: Topshop
OHAI there~!! It’s been long since I last blogged. It’s always a mad rush before Christmas, shopping for gifts and basking in the mood. This post comes about a week too late since I was in Melbourne 2 weekends ago. It feels like we haven’t met in so long but it was in actual fact just about 2.5mths since the Nuffnang awards.
In the middle is our very awesome Geek blogger, Arnold aka Mr Gadget all decked out in black to suit the occasion.
I had a quick tour of the Melbourne GPO before the rest came along. Checked out the new Acne store and discovered that they still had the Acne Atacomas (in my size too), fell absolutely in love with a local designer label, Alpha60 which of course had mostly black clothings but unfortunately they didn’t allow pictures in the stores so do check out their website. F.A.T had a decent selection of stuff and they carried Complex Geometries albeit overpriced compared to what I can get from their website directly.
Phoebe had to rush off after lunch but she managed to sneak in some time to take me to one of the coolest stores in Melbourne called Somewhere Store.
We had to climb some stairs up so this was really an encouragement.
The store is beautifully spacious with high ceilings and plenty of light. I think it’s the optimal conditions for displaying merchandise.
They were kind enough to allow photos and which I believe is lacking in many stores lately. They’re missing out on so many publicity opportunities and we all know the Internet is such an awesome publicity tool. But well, moving on… there’s more photos.
They carry items from Cheap Monday and I spotted some Vivienne Westwood Melissa shoes that I have been coveting for awhile.
Phoebe was talking to the store manager and commenting on the fact that I only wear black and he just exclaimed: ” omg she’s so Melbourne!” That kinda made me blush, but yes I am really flattered by that.
I am so touched by the AU bloggers for taking time off to meet up with me. Hope to see you all again soon~!!!
Monoxious is featured along with 20 other blogs for the DIY tutorial for the embellished tights in this week’s Links à la Mode. Do support the other blog links as well. 😀
Go Fashion Bloggers, Go!
Edited by Debutante Clothing
As more and more print magazines fold, bloggers seem to be growing in professionalism and media legitimacy. When bloggers such as Previously Owned and kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS can get the scoop on international designers, you know the fashion playing field is being leveled. If bloggers can host great giveaways like Retro Chick’s, I wonder why the FTC needs to play big brother. Fashion Pulse Daily wants to know if you even care. It seems we are becoming the pretty, little websites that could. Yay bloggers!
Links à la Mode : November 5th
- 39th and Broadway – – Gender GAP
- Aysha’s Rabbit Hole – – Cosimo Damato new hat collection!
- Bobbins And Bombshells – – pics from her trip to Phoenix including a mini vintage shopping guide.
- Decline Designs – Won’t Get Fooled Again: Counterfeit Melissa Shoes
- Denim Debutante – – Three Need-to-Know Tips to Help You Find Your Perfect Pair of Jeans
- Earth Vs. – Picking and making the best of your new (or old) winter coat
- Fashion Pulse Daily – – What do you really think and how much do you honestly care abot the FTC guidelines for bloggers?
- Fasshonaburu – – An upcoming label everyone should know about: Minimarket
- fête à fête – – Lia Lintern’s divine Winter 2010 coat collection
- Friend in Fashion – Giveaway – win a custom made dress or skirt
- Further Ado – – When fashion and architecture collide
- I’n The It Girl – – Assad Mounser Jewelry
- Idiosyncratic Style – – Top 10 Creepy Collections… loving the “darkside” of fashion.
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – – Interview with Susi Quillinan of Peru
- M.I.S.S. – Video Interview with Lydia Hearst – her top 5 favorite things about Fashion Week
- Monoxious – – How to make your own embellished lace tights
- Oranges and Apples – – Personal Shopper Giveaway – win a parcel of thrifted goodies tailored to your style, needs and ideas!
- Previously Owned – – Puerto Rican Fashion Spotlight: Stella Nolasco
- Retro Chick – – Win a Lowie wrap and gloves worth £129 courtesy of Cerise UK
- The Coveted – – Reviving Vintage Knickerbockers, The Perfect Fall Trouser
- The Curvy Fashionista – – Plus Size Curves and Fashion at the California Womens Conference