I have spammed these boots all over Twitter a while ago, so sorry if you have to see it again. I have been lusting after these boots ever since I saw them in On Pedder and Net-a-porter, but I never actually thought I’d buy them. They are like stripper boots on steroids – there’s something predatory about them, even. It is odd how my closet is becoming more basic, yet my footwear gets more and more flamboyant.
Monthly Archives: January 2012
I always find myself snapping pictures of my makeup collection when I’ve nothing else to photograph. I blame it on all the makeup packaging being so pretty! The makeup I have in this picture is not representative of my collection at all – I have at least 3 more types of foundation and a couple dozen other eyeshadows and lipsticks. To say that I’m a hoarder is an understatement. These are just the products I love and use on a near daily basis!
- Urban Decay Naked palette. A staple in most makeup collections, I’d say. The Urban Decay Naked 2 palette is coming out on 5th Feburary here in the UK, and I’m so eager to snap one up (despite me having more than enough eyeshadows already…). It’s a cooler palette compared to the original one though, so I’d have to swatch it before taking the plunge.
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I believed I have talked about it in a previous post, but I shall reiterate that it is really great for people with medium to oily skin!
- Maybelline mascara. I really love Maybelline’s formulas, and the price tag doesn’t hurt your wallet as well.
- Heavy Rotation eyeliner. Eyeliner is an integral part of my makeup routine. Gel liners are great, but I can’t be bothered to fuss with the brush. This eyeliner is a god sent.
- Etude House eyebrow pencil. Automatic eyebrow pencils are the best, I really can’t be bothered with sharpening pencils either.
- Canmake concealer. It really lives up to its hype. It stays put and provides great coverage, without appearing cakey. I like that it doesn’t take on a greyish hue when use on my undereye circles, like some other products do.
- NARS Orgasm. Another staple that lives up to the hype.
- Sleek Makeup Contour kit: I really love sleek makeup. It’s one of the best drugstore brands I’ve come across!
- Chanel Rouge Orage. It’s sort of a dirty, muted berry. Chanel lipsticks are rather pricey, but the quality more than justifies the price. It stays put all day without being too drying, or feathering.
- Rose Salve. While it’s essentially scented vaseline, I’m a sucker for it anyway.
- ZA two-way powder. Not exactly the best product I’ve used, but it does a decent job for how little it costs.
Lastly, a happy Chinese New Year to everyone! It’s the first time I’m not with my family for this festive season
A rather overdue post once again, I’m afraid. This outfit post was taken in Singapore, but I’m already back in London! These pictures make me long for days where I can wear short skirts again without having to layer tights underneath.
Wearing the All Saints Datya jacket. This is the first time I’ve spent so much on a single article of clothing, but I rationalised it by thinking of it as an “investment piece”. It’s simple, well-made, and I can match it with just about anything! I’ve noticed that my closet consists of more and more basics these days. I hope that doesn’t mean I’ve became more boring – it’s just so much easier to throw things together when you are rushing to classes.
- Jacket: All Saints
- Top: ASOS
- Skirt: m)phosis
- Shoes: Charles & Keith
Apparently I look convincing as a man so I’m really succeeding at this whole androgynous thing. A crisp white shirt is a staple in anyone’s wardrobe, I found this in the Uniqlo’s global flagship store in NYC as I was trying to look for something to buy from the +J collection. Unfortunately I did not bag anything from the +J collection but bought lots of heat tech stuff and a staple white shirt instead. Now add in some anti-wrinkle technology and it would be perfect.
Silver collar necklace is a cheap find from H&M. I love how affordable their accessories are.
I love my recent taobao/Peeka loot which included these garter stockings and the replica Alexander Wang Kristen satchel. It’s pretty decently made as opposed to the other stuff I saw on taobao which are all PU leather.
Barely survived the day with these Theyskens Theory replica. Dawn was on the receiving end of my grumpiness and I ended up buying a new pair of shoes which regrettably made my feet hurt too.
Black Outfit Breakdown:
- Blazer: Zara
- White shirt: Uniqlo
- Black leatherette skirt: The Scarlet room
- Stockings: taobao
- Bag: Alexander Wang Kristen satchel replica from taobao
- Shoes: Theyskens Theory replica from taobao
- Neck collar: H&M
I wonder if anyone would be interested in a white shirt series. Anyone? Anyone?
While we congratulated Dawn on being 21 just a few days ago, I’m feeling the dreariness of being an adult. Sometimes I wish I could just drop everything and be a traveling hippie (okay not really but you get the point), but alas I have responsibilities and commitments to fulfill so I’m going to stop whining for now and get back to whatever it is adults do.
This outfit has nothing to do with a rat race of course, I do like to take the opportunity to rant about life once in a while. If anyone objects to this, I think I will take my rants at some other location.
If anyone notices, I am actually wearing the nail polish from the Gareth Pugh x MAC collection. I’m not usually a fan of blue but the iridescent hue grows on me.
Fake Hermes galore on my arms. When will I be able to afford the real deal?
Black Outfit Breakdown:
- Blazer: Topshop
- Chiffon skirt: taobao
- Shoes: Dsquared replica from taobao